Kumyaka Köyü, Mudanya – Bursa – Turkey
GPS : 40°23’04.5″N 28°49’44.5″E / 40.384575, 28.829031
VHF Channel : 16
Call Sign : ” kumyaka harbour ”
Main Breakwater Lighthouse
GPS : 40°23’05.0″N 28°49’45.4″E / 40.384709, 28.829275
Kumyaka is a village in Mudanya and situated 6 km west of Mudanya. Under the regulation of the Mudanya district, it is one of the suburb villages. It is a city, which has roots back to the Roman and Byzantium time. It is in the middle of Mudanya and Zeytinbağı. The name of the village in Byzantine period was Siguino. It means “Peninsula” in the Luwi language. It is an old Greek Village.
The place is famous for its olives, oranges.
There is a church named Hagios Taxiarchoil / Archanloi here. It is said, that the church was built at the end of the XIX.th century, but there are also claims that the church was built around 780. As a matter of fact that, there was a church named Hagios Michael in 1883. according to After Greeks left the village, Cretans from Kandiya came and settled in the coast of Sigil.
Capacity : 25 Boats
Outer Breakwater : 50 m
Inner Breakwater : 25 m
Depth : 6 m
Administration : Kumyaka Village Administration
Shopping : Stores, Shops, Markets
Repairing & Maintenance Workshops
Technical Equipment Shops
Accommodation : Pensions, Apart Hotels, Hotels, Motels
Dining : Restaurants
Communication : Post Office, Phone, Wi-Fi
Special Shopping : Delight, Pasty, Olive, Olive Oil, Castile Soap
They are clean and have pleasant services. Fishes available due to seasons.
FISH AND SEA PRODUCT SPECIES LIST OF THE MARMARA SEA
Minibus : Kumyaka – Mudanya
Bus : Kumyaka – Mudanya, Bursa
Airport : Bursa Yenişehir Airport, Sabiha Gökçen International Airport, Atatürk International Airport