6 Quai Antoine, 1er, 98011 Monaco CEDEX ,Monaco
GPS: 43°44’05.8″N 7°25’27.4″E / 43.734930, 7.424263
Port Hercules is the only deep-water port in Monaco. The port has been in use since ancient times. The modern port was completed in 1926, and underwent substantial improvements in the 1970s. It covers almost 40 acres (160,000 m2), enough to provide anchorage for up to 700 vessels. The port is located in the La Condamine district. Harbour pilots are required for all vessels longer than 30 metres. The depth of water in the harbour ranges from seven metres for standard berths and up to 40 metres for the outer piers and cruise ship docks.
In 2010 the Finnish manufacturer of marinas and pontoons Marinetek was hired to deliver three new pontoons to Port Hercule. Monaco’s old fixed piers were replaced by Marinetek’s floating concrete pontoons.
The yachts have to be no bigger than 250 meter-long to stay in the port itself, while the cruise liners find a haven a little further, and together with the yachts always create a single incomparable landscape.