Sığacık, Seferihisar – İzmir – Turkey

GPS : 38°11’44.5″N 26°47’00.3″E / 38.195692, 26.783430

Eşek Adası (Sığacık) Lighthouse
GPS : Latitude 38° 12′ 05” N – Longitude 26° 46′ 11” E
Focal Plane : 9 m, Tower Height : 6 m
Character : W.Fl.10 Second, Flashing Character : 1.0+9.0,
Visibility Range : 5 nautical miles

Breakwater Lighthouse
R.F.L.4s 6m 3M
38º 11’ 740” N 26º 46’ 96” E
Breakwater Lighthouse
G.F.L.4s 6m 3M
38º 11’ 59.12” N 26º 46’ 59.28” E

VHF Channel : 72 / 16
Call Sign : ” teos marina ”

Entrance Lights : R.FL.2.4 secs / GPS : Latitude 38° 11′ 740″ N – Longitude 26° 46′ 960″ E
Entrance Lights : G.FL.2.4 secs / GPS : Latitude 38° 11′ 735″ N – Longitude 26° 46′ 870″ E

Teos Marina is located within Seferihisar, Turkey’s first “Cittaslow” (city of quiet and slow life), and respectively within its oldest settlement in the territory, the ancient Teos. The ancient Teos was established in BC 1000 as an Ionian colony. Teos, one of the most important of 12 Ionian cities shelters the ruins of Hellenistic and Roman period.

The Yacht Harbour Assc. evaluated Teos Marina within the framework of the International Quality Standards, granted Teos Marina to become one of the marinas that serve with 5 Golden Anchors with due to ithigh-quality mooring, technical, safety, cleanliness and quality of social facilities.

At Sea : 480 Boats
On Land : 80 Boats
At Channel Docs : 30 Boats

Water Facility (24 hours), Electricity (220/380 Volt-50 Hz-16-32-63-125 Amp), Sanitary Units (Toilet, Shower, Dish Washing), Disabled WC-Shower, Laundry Unit, Satellite TV Broadcasts (Free of Charge), Internet (Wifi), Storage (8 m2 & 12 m2), Shuttle Service in Marina, Car Park, Heliport

Safe Mooring Systems, Med Mooring ( 16-30+ metres), Mooring Pilot Boat Service, Diving Services, Diving Cylinder Filling Service

Registration Services, General Information Services, Marine Radio Communication, Provision of Daily Meteorology, Exchange

Land Park for 80 Yachts, 75 Ton Travelfit, 7,3 m width liftout pool, 35 Ton Trailer, Jib Crane (1500 – 3000 kg), Preasurre Wash for Hull Cleaning, Engine Repair and Maintenance, Wood Works, Paint and Fiberglass Work, Electrical and Eectronic Equipment Service, Chandlery

First Aid – Doctor, Ambulance Services, Health Center

Watchtower and Control with Cameras, 24-hour Security Service with Security Guards, Fire Alarm and Extinguishing Systems

Yacht Club, Library, Yacht Club Social Activity Room, Swimming Pool, Fitness and Sauna, Basketball & Volleyball Court, Yacht Clup Restaurant, Festival Area, Public Park

Fueling Station, Diesel Oil, Premium Gasoline, Engine Oil

Biological Treatment, Bilge Collection

Teos Marina – Hospital 6,5 km, Sığacık Beaches 3 km, Sığacık Hotel 1 km, Adnan Menderes International Airport 70 km, İzmir Centrum 55 km, Çeşme 88 km, Kuşadası 88 km

Teos Marina – Chios 40 Nm, Ileryos 75 Nm, Istanköy 95 Nm, Patnos 70 Nm, Samos 25 Nm

Teos Marina – Çeşme 37 Nm, Didim 68 Nm, Dikili 93 Nm, Foça 80 Nm, Kuşadası 33 Nm, Yalıkavak 88 Nm, Bodrum 98 Nm, Alaçatı 26 Nm, Turgutreis 85 Nm, İstanbul 300 Nm, Ayvalık 107 Nm

Shopping : Supermarkets, Shops, Stores, Markets
Repairing & Maintenance Workshops
Technical Equipment Shops
Accommodation : Pensions, Hotels, Motels, Apart Hotels, Rent Houses
Dining : Restaurants, Cafes, Buffets, Bakeries, Fish Restaurants
Communication : Post Office, Phone, Internet
Health : Hospitals, Health Centers, Pharmacies, Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Ambulances
Hair dresser
Special Shopping : Tangerine
Entertainment : Discotheques, Bars, Night Clubs
Beaches : Akkum Beach, Ekmeksiz Beach

Fish Restaurants are very famous with their fishes, cooking and services. Fishes available due to seasons.


It was constructed by Palak Mustafa Paşa by using stones brought from the ruins of Teos upon the order of Suleiman the Magnificent (Kanuni Sultan Süleyman) when its important strategic position in Aegean Sea was discovered by Sea Captain (Kaptan-ı Derya) Piri Reis. Its current condition comes from the years 1521-1522. The castle which was called “Sığla” formerly was used as naval base instead of defense purposes. The castle has three different gates called Kuşadası, Ayasuluk and Seferihisar.

A bailey and a keep, called as ward where soldiers live and are trained, exist in the naval base, and two towers and two gates exist at the part of this keep overlooking the sea. Second floors of certain houses rise on the castle walls; and some house walls and windows and stones brought from Teos are seen between walls. There are battlements having the size 1.20 x 50cm at 3m intervals at courtyard walls of towers facing the north; however some of them are closed currently.

The castle which was constructed on a small islet at the west of the town upon the order of Cüneyt, the ruler of Aydınoğulları, had its strongest period under the rule of Murat II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. The castle is completely ruined currently. People who want to see the castle can reach the islet by passing through the water having 25-30 cm depth which is at a distance of 80 m from the coast. People who want to reach the castle at the south part of the islet must climb 62 m. You must absolutely see the sunset in the region which offers indispensible views for nature enthusiasts.

Teos, which is located at the seaside at 1 km south of Sığacık Village having 5 km distance to Seferihisar District of ızmir, was founded as an Ionian colony in 1000 B.C. approximately. Its founder is known as Athames, the son of Dionysus. Teos was under the rule of Persians at first, Lydia subsequently, and then Persians again. Teos gained its independence with Ionians and became an important place in trade and architecture.

Ruins of Hellenistic and Roman period exist in Teos. The most important antique building in Teos that is open to visit is Temple of Dionysus which is the biggest of the ancient world. Other important ruins are Agora, theater, Odeon, city walls and port ruins.One of the prettiest towns in the Aegean region, Teos was threatened by the silting of its harbor – even so, some ruins that reveal its identity can be found. The ancient ruins are in the southern part of the existing town.

Teos was one of the most important cities of Ionia. It was spread over a hill that was to be the Acropolis, and extended south to the harbor. The temple, which dates from the 2nd century B.C., was the city’s largest building; it was dedicated to Dionysus. The remains of the Hellenistic walls, the theatre, and the Odeon can still be seen. Towards the end of 3rd century B.C., Teos became known as an active artistic cultural centre. It was the first seat of the Ionian actors who performed at various places. The most famous native of Teos was the lyric poet Anacreon (570 to 478 B.C.).

Spas and Hot Springs: Main places in the status of spa among many hot springs within the borders of our town are springs known as Karakoç and Cumali Spas, Uyuz and Ahmetçi Baths, Gelinboğan and Hamamönü Spas.

Karakoç Spas: The spas located on Eski Kavakdere – İrkmez road are at 15 m height above the sea level and were very famous in Hellenistic Roman and Byzantine periods as well.
Radioactivity of the main spring feeding Karakoç Spa is 9,5 eman, radioactivity of sludge is 4,7 eman, radioactivity of cold water is 8,7 and 6,2 eman. All springs in the region of Karakoç Spas are alkaline waters with bicarbonate and sodium chloride.

Uyuz Spa: Its temperature is 55 degrees and reaction is acid and salt water. 297 mgr free CO2 gas exists per liter. Its radioactivity is 4,3 eman.

Gelinboğan Spa: Temperature of water originating from a spring having 3 lt/sec. flow rate is 68 degrees; its chemical characteristic is the same as Uyuz Baths.

Ahmetçi Bath: Temperatures of two springs are 55 – 57 degrees. Plenty of iron elements exist in this spa as in others.

Hamamönü Spa : Chemical characteristics of the spa located at about 1 km distance to the sea are identical. It has nearly the same characteristics as Balçova Spas. These waters were brought to historical bath in Karaköse and to baths that remained below the ground behind Amarante Hotel through pipes in the ancient era. Flow rate of this spa is very high, too. Unfortunately, waters originating from springs in an area of 150 m2 currently flow uselessly.

Minibus : Sığacık – Seferihisar
Bus : Sığacık – Seferihisar, İzmir
Airport : İzmir Adnan Menderes International Airport

Places of interest

Rate and write a review




Seferihisar, Düzce Mahallesi, 35460 Seferihisar/İzmir, Turkey

Charter offices